HIGH PLACES PHENOMENON


Is there such a thing?
Yes, there is.
And the French lovingly call it- CALL OF THE VOID.
I took this picture, mainly to say, 'I lived another day'
I was sitting by the cliff there, watching the handsome Himalayas and the flowing Bhaga( the tributary). And, then I had a sudden urge to jump-off.  It took me a minute to come back. The idea shook me.
But once back in senses, I broke into a sweat and then felt ECSTATIC. Nothing can give you this high of skipping death.
This sudden urge is called - HIGH PLACES PHENOMENON. It's experienced mostly by those travelling alone. Because, when you are in groups, your mind is engaged in the company.
Psychologists say, this urge is dangerous for those with suicidal tendencies, as they might jump out of an impulse. Or they might even return, much later,  to the same spot and leap to death.
Quiet a few people have undergone this feeling, but it's not talked about much. Some shrug it off, thinking either they are hallucinating or it's particular to them and it's not a phenomenon.
But with a healthy mindset, you wouldn't jump off. And there are chances that you will return with a greater motivation towards life. A motivation to be good, be calm, be nice and go that extra mile to help others.
For, you have LIVED ANOTHER DAY. 🤘

#neninthe😎 #solorider #travellerdiaries